Flatbed Truck Insurance
Flatbed trucks may carry any number of materials, from construction materials to sheet metal, heavy machinery and oil field equipment. Often flatbed trucks will carry oversized loads which require special state permits. The most common accidents involving flatbed trucks are cargo shifting and cargo spills, so the focus of our flatbed truck insurance policies is to provide comprehensive coverage for when these incidents arise.
Insurance Coverages You Need
Fully aware that there is no one-size-fits-all insurance policy for flatbed trucks, Colonial Trucking Insurance can evaluate the needs of your business and provide an insurance policy tailored to your needs.
A well-designed Flatbed Truck Insurance policy contains these coverages:
- Comprehensive – protects your tractor and flatbed trailer against fire, theft, vandalism and other causes of loss.
- Collision – protects your equipment in an event of roll over, impact with other vehicle or stationary object.
- Coverage for ramps, chains, tarps and binders – to protect your valuable equipment against theft, collision, fire and other causes of loss.
- Towing and Storage – provides coverage for expenses related to towing and storage of damaged equipment.
- Combined Deductibles – this coverage allows you to pay only one deductible in the event a loss occurs involving both physical damage and cargo.
- Loading & Unloading – provides coverage for the commodity while it is being loaded or unloaded.
- Debris Removal – provides coverage for reasonable and necessary costs to remove debris caused by and resulting from a covered loss.
- Broadened Pollution – provides liability coverage for the discharge of pollutants which are in, upon, owned, being transported by, loaded or unloaded from a covered auto.
- Earned Freight – replaces income lost when a load cannot be delivered due to a covered cargo loss.
- Sue and Labor – covers costs related to preventing further loss to damaged cargo. Also known as loss mitigation.
With access to 20+ insurance providers nationwide, Colonial Trucking Insurance has the expertise to provide a comprehensive flatbed truck insurance policy at some of the best rates in the industry.
Flatbed truck insurance sample quote:
|Fleet Size||2 trucks|
|Equipment value (trucks and trailers)||$45,000|
|Commodities hauled||Building materials, machinery|
|Years in business||2|
|Number of claims in past 3 years||none|
|Annual premium for $1m Liability, Uninsured Motorist, Physical Damage and $100k Cargo limit||$7,250|
|Pay Plan||10 installments of $580|
We encourage you to NEVER base insurance decision solely on price. Normally, when we buy a product we look for the lowest price — if all other things are equal, we take it. If you insure for lower rates, but that company can’t provide good timely service, the lower premiums will not help you out at all when you can’t get loaded due to problems with your insurance. The same is valid when your claim is not covered because your insurance agent sold you a “subprime” policy. Please note that your actual proposal may vary based on underwriting factors such as location, age of driver, MVR and more. Coverages, payment plans, policy terms and conditions vary state by state. No two policies are the same. No two insurance needs are the same either.
DISCLAIMER: Coverages may vary by state and by insured business. Consult your agent about coverages you may need for your unique situation. Coverage descriptions above are for general information only. Actual coverage is subject to all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
Please complete our quick quote sheet for a quick Flatbed Truck Insurance quote or call us at (866) 317-5764 to speak to one of our licensed trucking agents.
Some coverage programs can include:
• Rates starting at $400/Month/Truck
• Mileage or Revenue Reporting Form
• 24/7 Access to Certificate of Insurance
• Profit sharing physical damage policies
• Complimentary DOT safety programs
• “A” Rated Insurance Companies