Agricultural Truck Insurance
When you haul agricultural commodities, you are hauling more than a product –- you’re hauling a vital food source for millions of Americans. Colonial Trucking Insurance is an agricultural trucking insurance specialist and insures businesses hauling a wide range of agricultural commodities: refrigerated goods, non-perishable goods, livestock, seeds, grains, hay, gravel, and more. When it comes time to finding insurance for your agricultural trucking business, trust the experts at Colonial Trucking Insurance to provide a detailed and affordable agricultural truck insurance policy tailored to the needs of your business.
We are dedicated to providing access to innovative and affordable agricultural truck insurance policies for farms, dairy food companies, milk haulers, and other agricultural trucking companies across the country. Since our agency is an agricultural truck insurance specialist, we understand the specific insurance requirements of farmers, ranchers, dairy food companies, milk haulers, and so on. While certain farm vehicle coverages are optional in many states, it’s essential to have a comprehensive insurance policy designed by an agency specializing in truck insurance because the financial burden of major incidents is enough to put many agricultural trucking companies out of business.
Insurance Coverages You Need
A comprehensive Agricultural Truck Insurance policy contains these coverages:
- Refrigeration Failure – provides coverage for cargo loss caused by the mechanical or electrical breakdown or malfunction of a truck’s temperature control system.
- Pollution Liability – covers costs associated with the clean-up of hazardous spilled cargo.
- Loading & Unloading – provides coverage for the commodity while it is being loaded or unloaded.
- Debris Removal – provides coverage for reasonable and necessary clean-up costs to remove debris caused by and resulting from a covered incident.
- Earned Freight – replaces income lost when a load can’t be delivered due to a covered cargo loss.
- Loss Mitigation – covers costs related to preventing further loss of cargo when incidents occur. Also known as sue & labor.
- Collision & Comprehensive – to protect your tractor, trailer and refrigeration system for theft, vandalism, collision, fire, and related incidents.
- Towing due to Mechanical Breakdown – covers expenses to tow a disabled unit to the nearest repair shop.
- Combined Deductibles – this coverage allows agricultural truckers to pay only one deductible in the event a loss occurs involving both physical damage and cargo loss.
Colonial Trucking Insurance is known for its agricultural trucking expertise and is one of the largest trucking insurance specialist agencies in the United States. When it comes to insuring your agricultural trucking business, trust the experts at Colonial.
Agricultural trucking insurance sample quote:
|Fleet Size||6 trucks|
|Equipment value (trucks and trailers)||$120,000|
|Commodities hauled||Grain, hay|
|Years in business||6|
|Number of claims in past 3 years||2|
|Annual premium for $1m Liability, Uninsured Motorist, Physical Damage, $100k Cargo limit and General Liability.||$33,000|
|Pay Plan||11 installments of $2,500|
We encourage you to NEVER base insurance decisions solely on price. Normally, when we buy a product we look for the lowest price — if all other things are equal, we take it. If you insure for lower rates, but that company can’t provide good timely service, the lower premiums will not help you out at all when you can’t get loaded due to problems with your insurance. The same is valid when your claim is not covered because your insurance agent sold you a “subprime” policy. Please note that your hazmat truck insurance proposal may vary based on underwriting factors such as location, age of driver, MVR and more. Coverages, payment plans, policy terms and conditions vary state by state. No two policies are the same. No two insurance needs are the same either.
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR QUOTE NOW
Please complete our one page quick quote sheet for a quick Agricultural Truck Insurance Quote or call us at (855) 265-9999 to speak to one of our licensed trucking agents.
We can provide the following types of truck insurance:
• primary liability
• physical damage
• motor truck cargo
• occupational accident
• workers compensation
• general liability
• broker bonds
We can provide trucking insurance for:
• owner/operators or fleets
• local, intermediate, or long-haul operations
• dump trucks, straight trucks, or tractor/trailers
• hot shot operators
• container haulers
• agricultural haulers
• car carrier operators
Some coverage programs can include:
• Rates starting at $400/Month/Truck
• Mileage or Revenue Reporting Form
• 24/7 Access to Certificate of Insurance
• Profit sharing physical damage policies
• Complimentary DOT safety programs
• “A” Rated Insurance Companies