Colonial’s Container Insurance program, also referred to as “intermodal insurance”, is tailored for companies specializing in the use of shipping containers in intermodal shipping, including land, train, and ship transport. Intermodal container shipping is one of the fastest growing niches in the trucking industry with consistent increases in both shipping volumes and new trucking jobs each year. Given the complexity of intermodal trucking, few insurance agencies are familiar with providing comprehensive container insurance policies. That’s where Colonial Trucking Insurance comes in.
Insurance Coverages You Need
As one of the leading truck insurance specialists in the United States, we can provide a comprehensive insurance policy with no coverage gaps. And with access to 20+ providers of commercial truck insurance nationwide, our rates are among the most competitive in the industry. As part of our container insurance program, we include all necessary UIIA coverages and endorsements on a package policy, including liability, physical damage, trailer interchange, cargo, and general liability.
Available coverages for Container Insurance:
- Auto Liability – $1,000,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000.
- General Liability – $1,000,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000.
- Warehouseman’s Liability – $2,000,000 with excess up to $10,000,000.
- Trailer Interchange Agreement – from $20,000 with excess up to $100,000.
- Terminal and Container Yard Coverage – $100,000 limit with excess up to $5,000,000.
- Broad Cargo Coverage – limits up to $1,000,000.
- Non Trucking Liability – up to $1,000,000 written on policy as needed.
Container insurance sample quote:
|Fleet Size||7 trucks|
|Equipment value (trucks and trailers)||$105,000|
|Years in business||4|
|Number of claims in past 3 years||none|
|Annual premium for $1m Liability, Uninsured Motorist, Physical Damage and $100k Cargo limit. Includes UIIA endorsement.||$51,000|
|Pay Plan||10 installments of $4,250|
We encourage you to NEVER base insurance decision solely on price. Normally, when we buy a product we look for the lowest price — if all other things are equal, we take it. If you insure for lower rates, but that company can’t provide good timely service, the lower premiums will not help you out at all when you can’t get loaded due to problems with your insurance. The same is valid when your claim is not covered because your insurance agent sold you a “subprime” policy. Please note that your actual proposal may vary based on underwriting factors such as location, age of driver, MVR and more. Coverages, payment plans, policy terms and conditions vary state by state. No two policies are the same. No two insurance needs are the same either.
DISCLAIMER: Coverages may vary by state and by insured business. Consult your agent about coverages you may need for your unique situation. Coverage descriptions above are for general information only. Actual coverage is subject to all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
Please complete our quick quote sheet for a quick Container Insurance quote or call us at (866) 317-5764 to speak to one of our licensed trucking agents.
Some coverage programs can include:
• Rates starting at $400/Month/Truck
• Mileage or Revenue Reporting Form
• 24/7 Access to Certificate of Insurance
• Profit sharing physical damage policies
• Complimentary DOT safety programs
• “A” Rated Insurance Companies