Trucking Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Trucking Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) protects businesses against claims from employees that result from the general conduct of business.
Examples of Trucking Employment Practices Liability Insurance claims include:
- Hostile environment
- Lack of advancement
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
Trucking Employment Practices Liability Insurance claims are on the rise. The following claims examples show how an employment case can damage your trucking business:
1. A female dispatcher at a tow truck company alleged sexual harassment against a coworker. The offensive conduct included remarks, touchings and advances.
RESULT: $114,000 awarded, including $60,000 for punitive damages
2. A commercial truck driver contended his employer suspended him without pay because of his obesity.
RESULT: Jury awarded $109,000.
3. A female truck driver/cleaner alleged that her male coworkers sexually harassed her with derogatory comments about women in her presence. After complaining to her
supervisors, the harassment increased.
RESULT: $20,000 awarded in compensatory damages and $80,000 in punitive damages.
4. After only working for a company for one week, an newly hired employee was fired after reporting that a coworker used a racial slur.
RESULT: $200,000 total awarded: $25,000 in back pay, $75,000 for emotional distress and $100,000 in punitive damages
Please complete our one page quick quote sheet for a quick premium indication or call us at (855) 265-9999 to speak to one of our licensed trucking agents.
DISCLAIMER: Coverages may vary by state and by insured business. Consult your agent about coverages you may need for your unique situation. Coverage descriptions above are for general information only. Actual coverage is subject to all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
Some coverage programs can include:
• Rates starting at $400/Month/Truck
• Mileage or Revenue Reporting Form
• 24/7 Access to Certificate of Insurance
• Profit sharing physical damage policies
• Complimentary DOT safety programs
• “A” Rated Insurance Companies