Hazmat Truck Insurance
Colonial’s Hazmat Truck Insurance program is designed for hazardous material or waste transporters, including pollution coverage.
Hazardous materials hauling is highly regulated by state and federal laws in order to ensure public safety. Additional restrictions are imposed on such hazardous freight regarding how it can be transported and what type of insurance policy can be used. Depending on the class of hazardous materials hauled, hazmat trucks are mandated by law to provide insurance liability from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 per accident. Imagine the huge costs of damages if a fuel tanker explodes on a busy highway and you will understand why.
Colonial Trucking Insurance, as a leading provider of hazmat truck insurance policies, understands the unique safety concerns of the companies engaged in the transportation of hazardous materials and hazardous waste. We have both the expertise and the infrastructure to offer superior insurance products and services that not only meet the safety-sensitive requirements of this industry but also exceed our customers’ expectations.
How we’ve become a leading agency for hazmat truck insurance:
- Our relationships and market clout allow us to secure the most competitive terms on your policy.
- We can help with DOT Safety and compliance.
- We can provide custom analysis of your SMS/CSA scores and recommendations on how to reduce your scores.
- MVR and Pre-Employment Screening Reports (PSP) for drivers.
- Discounts on truck dash camera systems from our network of providers.
- 24/7 online access to your certificate of insurance –send a certificate anytime, anywhere.
- Dedicated safety engineer to work with you in order to reduce frequency of claims and accidents.
- We will handle policy changes in an intelligent, timely and accurate manner.
- When It comes time for renewal, we will work with you to secure the most competitive terms on the market.
Insurance Coverages You Need
A well-designed Hazmat Truck Insurance policy contains these coverages:
- Pollution Liability (CA9948) — this endorsement provides coverage for cleanup expenses due to an accident, including damages arising out of the discharge of pollutants which are in, upon, owned, being transported by, loaded or unloaded from a covered auto. Every well-designed hazmat truck insurance policy should contain this provision.
- Excess Liability — provides an additional layer of liability coverage in excess of the hazmat trucker’s primary liability limits, up to $50,000,000.
- Collision & Comprehensive — to protect your tractor and trailer against collision or from upset, overturn, fire, theft, vandalism, and other causes of loss.
- Hazmat Hauler’s General Liability — provides liability coverage for non-trucking related claims, such as wrongful delivery of liquids. Often required by contract.
- Combined Deductibles — this coverage allows you to pay only one deductible in the event a loss occurs involving both physical damage and cargo.
- Loading & Unloading — provides cargo coverage for the commodity while it is being loaded or unloaded.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection — pays medical and other expenses to driver and the passengers in your vehicle who are injured during an accident, regardless of fault.
- Downtime — you can add downtime coverage to your physical damage policy to provide added protection against lost income if you have a covered loss. Downtime coverage can help you keep your truck payment and other bills current if a covered loss renders your vehicle inoperable for an extended period of time. Most of our carriers offer downtime limits of $100 per day up to 35 days, subject to policy limitations.
- Loan or Lease Gap — sometimes trucks and trailers depreciate faster than the equipment financed value. Loan or lease gap coverage can help assure that a total vehicle loss does not leave you “upside down” on your loan or lease.
- Truck Rental Reimbursement — having a collision or comprehensive loss doesn’t mean you have to stop working. When you add truck rental reimbursement coverage to your physical damage policy you can rent a replacement truck and trailer and receive reimbursement for a large part of the rental cost.
Hazmat trucking insurance sample quote:
|Fleet Size||3 trucks|
|Equipment value (trucks and trailers)||$255,000|
|Commodities hauled||Fracking chemicals|
|Years in business||4|
|Number of claims in past 3 years||1|
|Annual premium for $1m Liability, Uninsured Motorist, Physical Damage, $100k Cargo limit and General Liability. Includes Pollution Liability.||$36,000|
|Pay Plan||10 installments of $2,880|
We encourage you to NEVER base insurance decision solely on price. Normally, when we buy a product we look for the lowest price — if all other things are equal, we take it. If you insure for lower rates, but that company can’t provide good timely service, the lower premiums will not help you out at all when you can’t get loaded due to problems with your insurance. The same is valid when your claim is not covered because your insurance agent sold you a “subprime” policy. Please note that your actual proposal may vary based on underwriting factors such as location, age of driver, MVR and more. Coverages, payment plans, policy terms and conditions vary state by state. No two policies are the same. No two insurance needs are the same either.
Please complete our instant quote form for a quick Hazmat Truck Insurance quote or call us at (866) 317-5764 to speak to one of our licensed trucking agents.
We can provide the following types of truck insurance:
• primary liability
• physical damage
• motor truck cargo
• occupational accident
• workers compensation
• general liability
• broker bonds
We can provide trucking insurance for:
• owner/operators or fleets
• local, intermediate, or long-haul operations
• dump trucks, straight trucks, or tractor/trailers
• hot shot operators
• container haulers
• agricultural haulers
• any other specialized trucking operation
Some coverage programs can include:
• Rates starting at $400/Month/Truck
• Mileage or Revenue Reporting Form
• 24/7 Access to Certificate of Insurance
• Profit sharing physical damage policies
• Complimentary DOT safety programs
• “A” Rated Insurance Companies